Emile François Ouchard (1872-1951) was one of the more important bow makers of Mirecourt. He was trained by Eugène Cuniot, and helped run the shop with Cuniot's widow until 1922 when he and his son Emile August set up separately. They continued to work together until Emile August moved to Paris in 1940

This is an rare nickel-mounted example, made by Emile François and Emile August Ouchard in collaboration. The frog is in the style of Vuillaume. The stick has been repaired to the underside at its mid-point and the bow weighs 62g

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter